Pies are expected during the holidays — for good reason — but they’re so predictable. You know exactly what you’re getting. On the other hand, an elegant parfait invites you to uncover its luscious secrets layer by layer.
And believe me, you’ll enjoy every scrumptious bite of this sweet potato cheesecake parfait. It’s a beautiful blend of smooth cream cheese and nutmeg-spiced sweet potatoes that are layered with vanilla-sweetened whipped cream. The top is adorned with a crown of pecans finely dusted with cinnamon.
This beauty is decadent with flavor but light enough to follow your holiday feast. And it looks like something you fussed over — even though this is one of the easiest, no-stress desserts you can make.
Plus, it’s good for your bone health. Sweet potatoes contain more bone building protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin K than a pumpkin. They also boast a significant helping of manganese and vitamin C.
What better way is there to sneak in a super nutrient-rich treat that tastes as comforting as a cashmere sweater feels?
So this year, lighten your baking load. And surprise everyone at the table with an easy, irresistible, bone healthy sweet potato cheesecake parfait.
Sweet Potato Cheesecake Parfait Recipe
- 1 lb orange sweet potato or two cups mashed sweet potato
- 4 oz organic cream cheese
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp 100% maple syrup
- ½ cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans plus 8 whole pecans
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into small even sized pieces for steaming. (If using mashed sweet potato, place into a large bowl and skip to step 3).
- Place sweet potatoes and ½” of water in the bottom of a saucepan. Cover with a lid and steam on medium low heat until sweet potatoes are soft. Drain any remaining water.
- Add cream cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and maple syrup. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Place mixture into the fridge to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix chopped pecans with 1 tbsp of honey and a pinch of salt until all pecans are coated. Bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Blend with a hand or stand mixer until whipped cream is light and fluffy. Place in the fridge to stay cool and set.
- Once the sweet potato mixture is cool, layer the ingredients, starting with pecans, whipped cream, sweet potatoes, and a second layer of whipped cream. Top with whole pecans and dust with cinnamon.
Discover More Delicious, Bone-Healthy Holiday Recipes
Your holiday meal will have plenty to offer, especially when you serve an entree as delicious and upscale as this prime rib roast with a side of truffled parsnip puree.
But if you really want to end the meal on a high note, you know you have to hit your guests with a mouthwatering dessert that will leave them begging for more. Because if there’s one thing that’s truly universal, it’s that we all love dessert. It’s special. That’s why it’s saved until last.
So wow your guests with a stunning presentation of this insanely good sweet potato cheesecake parfait. With its glorious layers of decadent, homemade goodness you can be sure there’ll be plenty of special requests for you to make this treat again — and soon!
All our holiday recipes are loaded with antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and minerals. So your bones will love it as much as your taste buds.
I’d love to hear what you think about the recipe. So don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed it!
To learn more about healthy aging and bone health, sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly updates and more tasty, bone-healthy recipes.