Sweet potatoes are a storehouse of vitamins A and C and also boast a significant helping of manganese! The amount of Vitamin A that sweet potatoes have in just 200 grams adds up to 213% of your daily value! Several recent studies have shown the superior ability of sweet potatoes to raise your blood levels of vitamin A. And now that we know how much vitamin A is in each serving, we understand how it can have such an impact on your blood levels.
Not only does this dish have many vitamins and minerals that you need, it also has black beans, which provides 15 grams of protein and 15 grams of fiber in a one cup serving! No other food group has a more health supportive mix of proteins plus fiber than legumes. They not only give this dish the protein needed but also gives it a nice hearty element to it as well.
Sweet Potatoes Stuffed With Black Bean And Corn Salad
- 4 small sweet potatoes organic, baked
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans organic, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn organic
- 3 green onions organic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro organic, chopped
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 limes organic, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil cold-pressed extra
- 2 tsp raw organic honey (optional)
- 2 tsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro.
- Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Slice open the baked sweet potatoes and stuff potatoes with the chipotle black bean and corn salad.