I recently baked this cake for my son Galen’s 27th birthday and it was such a big hit that I needed to share it with you!
It’s very easy, really delicious, high in protein, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
Keep in mind that it’s still a dessert after all- but a treat you can feel pretty good about from time to time. 🙂
If you have any other paleo recipes you’d like to share or want us to share more paleo recipes let us know in the comments below!
Paleo Carrot Cake
- 1 cup sorghum or gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 12 large eggs free-range, organic.
- 1 cup coconut oil melted, organic.
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 cups carrots grated, organic.
- 1 cup zante currants
- 2 – 1/2 cups fruit of choice sliced, organic. (I used mangoes and blueberries, but other berries or sliced apples or pears would also work well.)
- 6 tbsp vegan “butter”
- 4 tsp maple syrup organic
- Cinnamon to taste
- Combine gluten-free flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in food processor.
- Pulse in eggs, coconut oil, and honey.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Remove blade from food processor and switch to the grater. Grate 10-12 medium-size carrots; this should give you about 3 cups of grated carrot.
- Stir grated carrots and currants into flour, egg mixture by hand.
- Grease two 7-inch springform pans liberally with coconut oil and dust with gluten-free flour.
- Transfer 1/2 of batter into each of the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° F (176 degrees Celsius) for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack, and cool for 1 hour before removing from springform pans.
- Place ½ cup sliced fruit, maple syrup and vegan butter in glass 1 cup measuring cup.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well to combine fruit, which will dissolve to make a sauce.
- Pour over top of bottom cake layer.
- Put the top cake layer on over sauce.
- Repeat sauce instructions to make second batch for the top of cake. Pour over top of cake, then top with remaining, uncooked sliced fruit.
If not serving immediately, place the cake on serving plate, cover with a large glass serving bowl, and refrigerate.
Looking for more dairy-free, nut-free and bone healthy recipes? Download our FREE Recipes for Stronger Bones Ebook below.
Add New Comment