This fresh, colorful salad really has it all. Satisfying crunch. A dressing that’s both tangy and creamy. A hint of spiciness, and a pinch of sweetness, too (but without any added sugar).
Plus, it’s packed with nutrient- and fiber-rich veggies that are good for your bones too! For instance, red bell pepper (which is actually a fruit… I often forget that!) is a very high source of vitamin C. Red cabbage also has lots of calcium, potassium, and vitamins C and K. And pumpkin seeds provide protein, magnesium, and fiber.
But my favorite part? The shredded chicken breast. It provides extra protein, which is crucial for bone health, and really complements the salad beautifully.
So, let’s get started — it’ll be ready in minutes!
Asian Chicken Slaw Salad
- 1/2 head napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp fresh basil
- 1.5 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Prep your dressing. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until they’re thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a separate bowl. Use as much basil, cilantro and pumpkin seeds as you prefer.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately. (If you like, add a little more soy sauce.)
Asian Chicken Slaw Salad Takeaways
One of the best ways to ensure you’re getting enough bone-building nutrients is to prepare them in creative ways that actually make them craveable. They don’t have to be boring… and this salad proves it! The variety of flavors and textures is so delicious and satisfying, you may forget you’re actually doing your body a favor. (That includes your bones!)
I hope you enjoy this tasty salad as much as I do. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below. And if you customize the recipe in your own special way, I’d love to hear about that, too!