Savor the Flavor, Nurture Your Bones: Your Must-Have Mulled Wine Recipe
Imagine yourself, nestled by the fire, cradling a steaming mug brimming with the perfect winter cocktail, our delectable mulled wine.
Not only is it perfect for the holiday season — it’s a breeze to whip up. I mean, we’re talking 5 minutes tops!
Simply toss some spices, oranges, and wine into a slow cooker or saucepan. Then, let the magic begin as those aromas of cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom waft through your home.
The intoxicating scent sets the stage for memorable events, where laughter and heartfelt conversations flow freely.
But this treat isn’t just here for merry making. Oh no. It doubles as a stealth ally for your bone health. As you may know, oranges are packed with vitamin C. And vitamin C is loaded with bone healthy calcium. Plus, a single orange provides upwards of 200% of your daily vitamin C requirement! And vitamin C is vital to collagen development. Since more than 90% of the protein in bone is made from collagen, vitamin C is an essential nutrient for healthy bone .
- 2 oranges
- 750 mL red wine
- 2 tsp brandy extract organic
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cardamom pod slightly crushed
- 2 cups water
- Place all spices into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Toast spices for 3 minutes, while moving around the pan to toast evenly. Toasting spices brings out the flavor of each spice.
- Using a peeler, or paring knife, remove four thin pieces of peel from the orange, avoiding as much of the pith as possible.
- In the saucepan of spice, add the orange peel, the orange juice and the remaining ingredients. Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer, while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer on low heat for approximately 20 minutes. Strain to remove the orange and spices.
- Serve in mugs with a fresh orange slice from the second orange.
Squeeze More Life Into Your Bones With This Citrus Powerhouse
You already know oranges pack a punch of bone-loving vitamin C, which is crucial for boosting collagen. But vitamin C isn’t just about collagen — it’s the catalyst for ramping up mesenchymal stem cells (MSMs) .
MSMs are produced in our bone marrow and can develop into different types of cells, including cartilage, muscle, and fat cells, as well as bone-building osteoblasts.
So, while you enjoy the zesty burst of oranges, you’re also feeding your bones the essential support they crave.
Ready to indulge in a palate-popping experience with our unforgettable mulled wine recipe? Your taste buds and bones have been yearning for this kind of TLC, and it’s time to deliver the goods.
So don’t keep them bottled up — share your culinary adventure in the comments below.
And guess what? If you hunger for more wisdom on aging gracefully and keeping those bones in top shape, sign up for our newsletter. Dive into a weekly treasure trove of insights that’ll guide you toward a vibrant, healthier lifestyle.