If you’re looking for a fast, filling, and flavorful recipe to help support your bone health, look no further. Our new Steak and Zucchini Noodles recipe checks all the boxes.
The star of the show is the protein-packed steak. You may know that protein is your body’s “building blocks,” but did you know protein makes up around one third of your bone mass? That’s right, protein is also crucial for preventing age-related muscle loss (sarcopenia) too.
And then you have zucchini, which is a good source of bone-building potassium, manganese, and magnesium, amongst other minerals.
Add in the fact it only takes a handful of minutes to prep the food, and under 10 minutes to cook, and you’ll see why this has fast become a favorite in the AlgaeCal Kitchen.
Steak and Zucchini Noodles
- 1 lb flank steak
- 4 zucchinis medium
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- Lightly salt and pepper your steak then slice into 1-inch wide strips.
- Rinse the zucchini and use a vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips.
- Mince the garlic and whisk together with the low sodium soy sauce in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add steak strips to the frying pan and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the zucchini strips to the steak, stir, and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the sauce to the frying pan and stir to combine. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This recipe highlights how quick and easy it is to make delicious meals that are rich in bone-healthy nutrients. With minimal effort, you can produce a filling meal that looks, tastes, and smells like you put in a lot more effort than you did.
Try it today and leave a comment to let me know how yours turns out. I’d also love to hear what additions or substitutions you may make. Enjoy!