Did you know the “Dietary Guidelines for Americans” recommend that you eat at least eight ounces of seafood per week?
That’s about two servings if you were wondering. Now, that doesn’t seem like a lot, but I still find it tricky to incorporate enough seafood into my diet. And so does the rest of America according to the dietary guidelines research!
So I want to share a wonderful fish recipe that makes getting enough fish a whole lot easier (and tastier) – eight-ingredient salmon burgers!
These delicious burgers have got me looking forward to my “fish dish days.” They’re totally quick and easy to make– as you’ll see in the video below –and are a great addition to any bone-healthy diet too!
Salmon is a great source of protein and calcium. In fact, both sockeye (my favorite) and chinook salmon feature on our list of the top calcium-rich foods! Plus, if you use canned salmon that contains bones (don’t worry, they’re very soft and safe to eat) the calcium content of your burgers will be even higher.
What’s more, salmon provides omega 3 fatty acids. And omega 3s can help ease the chronic inflammation that leads to bone loss!
You’re only 15 minutes away from all that delicious goodness… so let’s get to it!
8-Ingredient Salmon Burger Recipe!
- 2 cans salmon 6oz
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Flake the canned salmon and remove any bones if you’d prefer not to include them.
- Mix the salmon with the rest of the ingredients (except the oil) in a medium-sized bowl.
- Form your salmon mixture into 4-6 patties. You want your patties to be about one inch thick.
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry your burgers until they’re crispy and golden brown. Then flip them over and repeat on the other side. It should take about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place your burgers on a paper towel to rest for a few minutes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your choice of side!
Salmon Burger Final Thoughts
I hope you find these salmon burgers as delicious as I do! Remember, salmon is packed full of bone-healthy nutrients and helps you reach your weekly quota of seafood too.
When it comes to sides, I like to serve my salmon burgers with homemade coleslaw. But they’re so versatile and work with so many delicious sides. It’s totally easy to customize the dish to certain tastes or preferences!
Please let me know how your salmon burgers turn out! And I’m always on the lookout for accompaniments with this dish so get creative and let me know what you come up with in the comments section below 🙂