Restaurant-Worthy One Pan Lemon and Artichoke Chicken
Ready for an easy, bone healthy dinner that’s full of bright and zesty flavor? This one pan lemon and artichoke chicken is the perfect solution!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and flavorful dinner in no time. So it’s a great option for busy weeknights.
Imagine mouthwatering artichoke chicken swimming in the aromatic savoriness of Italian seasoning mixed with a dash of lemon tartness. This beauty will have your taste buds a-tingling.
Your bones will love it too. As you know, chicken is loaded with protein. And when it comes to your bones, protein is especially important.
Protein makes up roughly one-third of your bone mass (the amount of protein your bones contain) and half of your bone volume (the amount of space protein takes up) .
This easy lemon chicken recipe has it all: it’s bone healthy, beautiful, and lip smacking good. Plus, everything is cooked in one pan. That means there’s minimal clean up. So you can spend more time enjoying your meal!
One Pan Lemon Chicken & Artichokes
- 4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 artichoke hearts quartered
- 16 baby potatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup salted grass-fed butter melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
Italian Seasoning Recipe:
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a container, or freezer bag, combine chicken, one tablespoon avocado oil and approximately two thirds of the Italian seasoning. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread chicken, artichokes, potatoes, and slices of one lemon on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together melted butter, zest and juice of one lemon, honey, garlic, and remaining Italian seasoning. Pour sauce over chicken, artichokes and potatoes. Season with salt as desired.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until chicken reaches 160°F. Chicken will continue to increase in temperature while it rests, for five minutes after pulling it from the oven. The final temperature should be 165°F.
- Garnish with fresh sprouts or herbs if desired.
To prepare the artichokes:
- After washing, cut the stem.
- Peel the outer layers off by hand until you reach the tender, lighter leaves within
- Use kitchen shears to trim off any pokey tips from the leaves.
- Cut off about ¾ of an inch from the top of the artichoke.
- Cut the artichoke in half lengthwise.
- With a paring knife, remove the fuzzy choke.
Amazing Bone Health Benefits of Artichokes
Did you know that the artichoke plant is loaded with bone healthy nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, and calcium? That’s not all.
The almighty artichoke benefits your bones in another unexpected way. It serves a mean potassium-packed punch.
And research shows that potassium reduces bone resorption — the process by which your body breaks down bone . Over time, this effect contributes to stronger bones.
Also, studies have confirmed that supplementing with potassium helps protect against bone mineral density loss at the spine, femoral neck, and hip.
Treat your bones and delight your senses with this delicious one pan lemon and artichoke chicken recipe.
It’s loaded with bone friendly protein and potassium. Plus, its citrusy, wow-worthy flavors will save you from a bland and forgettable weeknight dinner. Tastebuds rejoice!
I’d love to hear what you think about the recipe. So don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed it!
To learn more about healthy aging and bone health, sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly updates.
How long should you marinate chicken?
Marinate your chicken in the fridge for four hours, or overnight for best results.
How long does it take to cook chicken breast?
It takes about 15-20 minutes to bake chicken breasts in the oven at 450°F. With that being said, the cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts
How do you prepare artichokes before cooking?
After washing, cut the stem, peel the outer layers off, and trim any pokey tips from the leaves. Next, cut off about ¾ of an inch from the top of the artichoke, cut the artichoke in half lengthwise, and remove the fuzzy choke.
What is Italian seasoning made of?
It’s made of an aromatic blend of dried herbs including oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary.
What temp should chicken breast be cooked to?
Cook the chicken until it reaches 160°F. It will continue to increase in temperature while it rests (five minutes after pulling it from the oven). So the final temperature should be 165°F.