quinoa sOne of the most popular vegetables is…peppers! The main ingredient of this stuffed pepper dish is the bell pepper, which has a crunchy texture and is naturally sweet. Stuffed peppers are a fun and easy meal because you can pretty much put anything you want in them and they will turn out great! Also, bell peppers contain a high amount of Vitamin C.
*Did you know each color of pepper is associated with a different family of phytochemicals?
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 peppers different coloured, organic
- 1 cup chickpeas organic
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 5 white mushrooms organic, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 clove garlic organic, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa organic
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil cold-pressed extra virgin
- 1 tbsp italian spices
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add quinoa, stirring occasionally until fluffy (about 20 minutes).
- Cut the tops off of your peppers and scrape inside clean.
- Place peppers on a tray and into the oven (20 minutes).
- Saute onion, mushrooms, garlic and olive oil in a pan.
- Add chickpeas, olives, quinoa, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Take out peppers and stuff with mixture.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Put peppers back in the oven for 10 minutes.