A new twist on the classic pesto, this pea pesto uses frozen peas and fresh mint in place of basil. The peas ‘meaty-up’ the pasta and the mint gives a fresh element to the dish. I like to play around with my herbs sometimes and this one worked out very nicely!
Pea Pesto Pasta
- 1 pkg whole wheat pasta organic
- 3 cups frozen peas organic
- 2 cloves garlic organic, minced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves organic, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp lemon zest organic
- 1 lemon organic, squeezed for juice
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts organic
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta to packaged directions.
- While pasta is cooking blanch frozen peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add 2 cups of peas, garlic, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add parmesan and blend until smooth and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add 1 cup of leftover peas to the pesto, but do not blend.
- Once pasta is ready, mix with pea pesto and serve!
Add New Comment