Halibut is a lean fish known for its mild flavor profile. With that in mind, this recipe pairs it with tomatoes and capers, which are more powerful in taste, to create a complimentary dish. Capers are a storehouse of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin K, niacin and riboflavin. The mighty tomato boasts antioxidant properties such as folic acid, beta-carotene, and lutein.
photo by finecooking.com
Halibut with Tomatoes & Capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil cold-pressed extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion organic, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic organic, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes organic, diced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 halibut fillets oceanwise
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and capers, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into a baking dish.
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the fish and bake until the fish is just cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Add New Comment