Summer may be over, but there’s one tasty reason to be excited about fall…
It’s soup season! And today I want to share one of my favorite bone-healthy soup recipes.
By adding a whole head of broccoli, you pack in a whopping amount of vitamin C. Not to mention hefty servings of calcium, magnesium, and potassium too. You’ll get even more of these three minerals from the cannellini beans… plus a protein boost! And ALL of these help you build stronger bones.
This recipe has so much to offer and is ready in just 15 minutes! So let’s get started!
Broccoli and White Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 14 oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 875 ml vegetable stock low-sodium
- Salt & pepper to taste
- chili flakes
- pumpkin seeds
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Slice remaining pieces of stalk into thin pieces.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallot slices and saute for a few minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, beans, and stock. Cover and simmer for around 5 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a blender, blend the soup until completely smooth. You can also use an immersion blender or food processor if you have one handy.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice!
This soup ticks off so many boxes. It’s easy to make, takes only 15 minutes, and delivers 5 bone-building nutrients in each delicious spoonful. And I don’t have to hear my husband’s usual complaints about broccoli!
Hot or cold, toppings or no toppings, there are so many ways to make this soup your own. My favorite is with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
I’d love to hear your ideas and look forward to reading them in the comments section below!
Add New Comment