Pea Pesto Pasta
1 cup of cooked green peas contains 39% of vitamin K, 36% manganese and 26% copper – all important when it comes to building bone health.
- 1 pkg whole wheat pasta organic
- 3 cups frozen peas organic
- 2 cloves garlic organic, minced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves organic, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp lemon zest organic
- 1 lemon organic, squeezed for juice
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts organic
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Prepare pasta to packaged directions.
While pasta is cooking blanch frozen peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
Then add 2 cups of peas, garlic, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Add parmesan and blend until smooth and add salt and pepper to your liking.
Add 1 cup of leftover peas to the pesto, but do not blend.
Once pasta is ready, mix with pea pesto and serve!
Suitable add ons: Sautéed prawns or scallops.
Calories: 1311kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 29gFat: 127gSaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1214mgPotassium: 346mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1540IUVitamin C: 74mgCalcium: 982mgIron: 3mg